Winner in the Anti Virus Category of Readers’ Choice Awards: avast! Server edition
April 29, 2010 - avast! Server edition was selected the winner in the Event Anti Virus category of the WindowSecurity.com Readers’ Choice Awards. Kaspersky Enterprise Space Security and McAfee VirusScan Enterprise were runner-up and second runner-up respectively.
|1st||avast! Server edition||22%|
|2nd||Kaspersky Enterprise Space Security||19%|
|3rd||McAfee VirusScan Enterprise||13%|
|4th||Symantec Endpoint Protection||10%|
|5th||Trend Micro ServerProtect for Microsoft Windows||6%|
|6th||F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers||5%|
|7th||Panda Security for Enterprise||3%|
|8th||Sophos Security Suite SBE||2%|
|9th||ViRobot Windows Server 3.0||1%|
“Our Readers’ Choice Awards give visitors to our site the opportunity to vote for the products they view as the very best in their respective category,” said Sean Buttigieg, WindowSecurity.com manager. “WindowSecurity.com users are specialists in their field who encounter various network security solutions at the workplace. The award serves as a mark of excellence, providing the ultimate recognition from peers within the industry.”
WindowSecurity.com conducts monthly polls to discover which product is preferred by Network Security administrators in a particular category of third party network security solutions. The awards draw a huge response per category and are based entirely on the visitors’ votes. WindowSecurity.com visitors can submit their votes for the current Readers' Award poll in the site’s left-hand bar.
If you'd like to know who the past Readers' Choice winners were, please take a look at our Readers' Choice Awards Yearly Roundup.
WindowSecurity.com Readers’ Choice Awards for 2010
Even more awards will be given out during 2010. Visitors to WindowSecurity.com have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Security products. Below is a list of the Readers’ Choice categories, the month that visitors can submit their votes, and the announced winners.
- Web Application Security - January 2010 - Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- Event Log Monitoring - February 2010 - AdventNet EventLog Analyzer
- Anti Virus - March 2010 - avast! Server edition
- Endpoint Security - April 2010 - AccessPatrol
- Email Anti Virus - May 2010 - Kaspersky Security for Mail Server
- Group Policy Management - June 2010 - Quest Software Group Policy Manager
- Patch Management - July 2010 - GFI LANguard
- Firewall Software - August 2010 - ISA Server
- Security Scanner Software - September 2010 - Nessus Security Scanner
- VPN Software - October 2010 - Astaro Security Gateway
- Network Auditing Software - November 2010 - GFI LANguard
- Authentication / Smart Cards - December 2010 - Entrust IdentityGuard
WindowSecurity.com (http://WindowSecurity.com) is a Microsoft Windows Security resource site. It is the leading Windows Security site, attracting over 450,000 Security administrators and specialists a month. The site provides the latest Windows Security Services, articles and tutorials by leading Windows Security experts, message boards, software listings and product reviews.
WindowsSecurity.com forms part of a group of sites run by TechGenix Ltd., including http://www.windowsnetworking.com - a comprehensive Windows Networking resource site; http://www.msexchange.org, a Microsoft Exchange Server resource site; http://www.virtualizationadmin.com, the essential Virtualization resource site for administrators and http://www.isaserver.org, a Microsoft ISA Server resource site.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.