Winner in the Firewall Category of Readers' Choice Awards: Panda Cloud Office Protection
September 26, 2013 - Panda Cloud Office Protection was selected the winner in the Firewall category of the WindowSecurity.com Readers' Choice Awards. Check Point VPN-1 UTM and Sophos UTM software appliance were runner-up and second runner-up respectively.
|1st||Panda Cloud Office Protection||19%|
|2nd||Check Point VPN-1 UTM||16%|
|3rd||Sophos UTM software appliance||14%|
|4th||Celestix MSA Threat Management Gateway Series||10%|
|5th||Iron Networks nTMG||7%|
|7th||Palo Alto Networks VM-Series||4%|
|7th||WinGate Proxy Server||4%|
|8th||McAfee Firewall Enterprise||3%|
|8th||Securepoint Security UTM Software||3%|
“Our Readers’ Choice Awards give visitors to our site the opportunity to vote for the products they view as the very best in their respective category,” said Sean Buttigieg, WindowSecurity.com manager. “WindowSecurity.com users are specialists in their field who encounter various network security solutions at the workplace. The award serves as a mark of excellence, providing the ultimate recognition from peers within the industry.”
WindowSecurity.comconducts monthly polls to discover which product is preferred by Network Security administrators in a particular category of third party network security solutions. The awards draw a huge response per category and are based entirely on the visitors’ votes. WindowSecurity.com visitors can submit their votes for the current Readers' Award poll in the site’s left-hand bar.
If you'd like to know who the past Readers' Choice winners were, please take a look at our Readers' Choice Awards Yearly Roundup.
WindowSecurity.com Readers’ Choice Awards for 2013
Even more awards will be given out during 2013. Visitors to WindowSecurity.com have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Security products. Below is a list of the Readers’ Choice categories, the month that visitors can submit their votes, and the announced winners.
- Web Application Security - January 2013 - Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- Event Log Monitoring - February 2013 - GFI EventsManager
- Anti Virus - March 2013 - F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers
- Endpoint Security - April 2013 - DeviceLock
- Email Anti Virus - May 2013 - GFI MailEssentials
- Group Policy Management - June 2013 - Netwrix Auditor
- Patch Management - July 2013 - Microsoft Windows Server Update Services
- Firewall - August 2013 - Panda Cloud Office Protection
- Security Scanner Software - September 2013 - Tenable Nessus
- VPN Solution - October 2013 - Cisco ASA 5500-X Series
- Network Auditing Solution - November 2013 - ScriptLogic Active Administrator
- Authentication / Smart Cards - December 2013 - RSA SecurID
WindowSecurity.com (http://WindowSecurity.com) is a Microsoft Windows Security resource site. It is the leading Windows Security site, attracting over 450,000 Security administrators and specialists a month. The site provides the latest Windows Security Services, articles and tutorials by leading Windows Security experts, message boards, software listings and product reviews.
WindowsSecurity.com forms part of a group of sites run by TechGenix Ltd., including http://www.windowsnetworking.com - a comprehensive Windows Networking resource site; http://www.msexchange.org, a Microsoft Exchange Server resource site; http://www.virtualizationadmin.com, the essential Virtualization resource site for administratorsand http://www.isaserver.org, a Microsoft ISA Server resource site.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.