Winner in the Network Security Scanner Category of Readers’ Choice Awards: AW Security Port Scanner
October 30, 2008 - AW Security Port Scanner was selected the winner in the Network Security Scanner category of the WindowSecurity.com Readers’ Choice Awards. GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner and ManageEngine Security Manager Plus were first runner-up and second runner-up.
|1st||AW Security Port Scanner||20%|
|2nd||GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner||18%|
|3rd||ManageEngine Security Manager Plus||17%|
|5th||Nessus Security Scanner||10%|
|6th||Retina Network Security Scanner||7%|
|8th||ScriptLogic Enterprise Security Reporter||3%|
“Our Readers’ Choice Awards give visitors to our site the opportunity to vote for the products they view as the very best in their respective category,” said Sean Buttigieg, WindowSecurity.com manager. “WindowSecurity.com users are specialists in their field who encounter various network security solutions at the workplace. The award serves as a mark of excellence, providing the ultimate recognition from peers within the industry.”
WindowSecurity.com conducts monthly polls to discover which product is preferred by Network Security administrators in a particular category of third party network security solutions. The awards draw a huge response per category and are based entirely on the visitors’ votes. WindowSecurity.com visitors can submit their votes for the current Readers' Award poll in the site’s left-hand bar.
WindowSecurity.com Readers’ Choice Awards for 2008
Even more awards will be given out during 2008. Visitors to WindowSecurity.com have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Security products. Below is a list of the Readers’ Choice categories, the month that visitors can submit their votes, and the announced winners.
- Web Application Security - January 2008 - Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- Event Log Monitoring - February 2008 - Enterprise Security Analyzer
- Anti Virus - March 2008 - Kaspersky Enterprise Space Security
- Portable Storage Security - April 2008 - AccessPatrol
- Email Anti Virus - May 2008 - Kaspersky Security
- Group Policy Management - June 2008 - Active Administrator
- Patch Management - July 2008 - WinINSTALL
- Firewall Software - August 2008 - Microsoft ISA Server
- Security Scanner Software - September 2008 - AW Security Port Scanner
- VPN Software - October 2008 - Menlo Logic's AccessPoint SSL VPN Software
- Network Auditing Software - November 2008 - Symantec Altiris SecurityExpressions
- Authentication / Smart Cards - December 2008 - RSA SecureID
WindowSecurity.com (http://WindowSecurity.com) is a Microsoft Windows Security resource site. It is the leading Windows Security site, attracting over 450,000 Security administrators and specialists a month. The site provides the latest Windows Security Services, articles and tutorials by leading Windows Security experts, message boards, software listings and product reviews.
WindowsSecurity.com forms part of a group of sites run by TechGenix Ltd., including http://www.windowsnetworking.com - a comprehensive Windows Networking resource site; http://www.msexchange.org, a Microsoft Exchange Server resource site; http://www.msterminalservices.org, a Server Based Computing resource site and http://www.isaserver.org, a Microsoft ISA Server resource site.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.