Winner in the Security Scanner Software Category of Readers’ Choice Awards: Tenable Nessus
October 27, 2011 - Tenable Nessus was selected the winner in the Security Scanner Software category of the WindowSecurity.com Readers’ Choice Awards. GFI LANguard and Retina Unified Vulnerability Management were runner-up and second runner-up respectively.
|3rd||Retina Unified Vulnerability Management||12%|
|4th||Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner||11%|
|7th||ManageEngine Security Manager Plus||2%|
|7th||Maxpatrol - network Security Scanner||2%|
|7th||NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager||2%|
“Our Readers’ Choice Awards give visitors to our site the opportunity to vote for the products they view as the very best in their respective category,” said Sean Buttigieg, WindowSecurity.com manager. “WindowSecurity.com users are specialists in their field who encounter various network security solutions at the workplace. The award serves as a mark of excellence, providing the ultimate recognition from peers within the industry.”
WindowSecurity.com conducts monthly polls to discover which product is preferred by Network Security administrators in a particular category of third party network security solutions. The awards draw a huge response per category and are based entirely on the visitors’ votes. WindowSecurity.com visitors can submit their votes for the current Readers' Award poll in the site’s left-hand bar.
If you'd like to know who the past Readers' Choice winners were, please take a look at our Readers' Choice Awards Yearly Roundup.
WindowSecurity.com Readers’ Choice Awards for 2011
Even more awards will be given out during 2011. Visitors to WindowSecurity.com have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Security products. Below is a list of the Readers’ Choice categories, the month that visitors can submit their votes, and the announced winners.
- Web Application Security - January 2011 - Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- Event Log Monitoring - February 2011 - EvenTrigger
- Anti Virus - March 2011 - avast! Server Edition
- Endpoint Security - April 2011 - AccessPatrol
- Email Anti Virus - May 2011 - Kaspersky Security for Mail Server
- Group Policy Management - June 2011 - EmpowerID Group Manager
- Patch Management - July 2011 - Symantec Altiris Client Management Suite
- Firewall Software - August 2011 - Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway
- Security Scanner Software - September 2011 - Tenable Nessus
- VPN Software - October 2011 - Menlo Logic AccessPoint SSL VPN Software
- Network Auditing Software - November 2011 - Netwrix Change Reporter Suite
- Authentication / Smart Cards - December 2011
WindowSecurity.com (http://WindowSecurity.com) is a Microsoft Windows Security resource site. It is the leading Windows Security site, attracting over 450,000 Security administrators and specialists a month. The site provides the latest Windows Security Services, articles and tutorials by leading Windows Security experts, message boards, software listings and product reviews.
WindowsSecurity.com forms part of a group of sites run by TechGenix Ltd., including http://www.windowsnetworking.com - a comprehensive Windows Networking resource site; http://www.msexchange.org, a Microsoft Exchange Server resource site; http://www.virtualizationadmin.com, the essential Virtualization resource site for administrators and http://www.isaserver.org, a Microsoft ISA Server resource site.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.